Tuesday 1 June 2010

Queen - Queen Rock Montreal (2007)

Tracklist:
1. Intro
2. We Will Rock You [Fast]
3. Let Me Entertain You
4. Play the Game
5. Somebody to Love
6. Killer Queen
7. I'm in Love with my Car
8. Get Down, Make Love
9. Save Me
10. Now I'm Here
11. Dragon Attack
12. Now I'm Here (Reprise)
13. Love of my Life

1. Under Pressure
2. Keep Yourself Alive
3. Drum and Tympani Solo
4. Guitar Solo
5. Flash
6. The Hero
7. Crazy Little Thing Called Love
8. Jailhouse Rock
9. Bohemian Rhapsody
10. Tie Your Mother Down
11. Another One Bites the Dust
12. Sheer Heart Attack
13. We Will Rock You
14. We Are the Champions
15. God Save the Queen

Another one? – 7,5/10

For those who love Live at Wembley ’86 and Live at the Bowl so much and can’t get enough, there’s another live album released. This time it’s a concert from the The Game tour. I really like good live albums, but I never find myself listening to them again and again, which is the case with studio albums. You can imagine I’m not particularly fond of a company shitting out live albums like they’re breeding them. At least, it’s not the way to make me enthusiastic.

We all know Queen is great live; we heard it before on the earlier live releases. So what NEW does this album bring us? The tracklist is vaguely similar to Live at the Bowl, except for the disappearance of the Hot Space tracks, which have been replaced with some older classics, which is exactly why you could think of getting this album. “Let Me Entertain You”, “Killer Queen”, “I’m in Love with my Car” and “Keep Yourself Alive” are the only new songs, and they are performed quite well. Needless to say, the other tracks are also performed well, with the ambience, the speeches and games we all know by now.

Conclusion: another good live album by Queen. Recommended if you really need more live albums by the band or if you are a collector. As for me, I’ll pass. I hope the next live album released will be featuring a totally new tracklist with some more surprises.

No comments:

Post a Comment